The Pathfinder School Extended Day Program is designed to provide a safe and secure environment for students needing after-school daycare. We will provide an environment conducive to the development of the whole child, with a caring staff and activities for the children during their stay.
The Extended Day Program is an after-school daycare service offered Monday through Friday from 3:15 p.m. through 6:00 p.m. Parents are expected to pick up their children no later than 6:00 p.m.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Extended Day Program WILL NOT be available on conference days, holidays, snow days, scheduled vacations, Grandparents Day, half days of school and other days to be decided at the Head of School’s discretion.
- When Extended Day is not available, parents will be notified in advance.
- Parents will be expected to have made other arrangements for childcare.
Following pick up at 3:15, children attending extended day are escorted over to the gym by a teacher for sign in. All children must sign in with the Extended Day Program director upon arrival.
ACTIVITIES & Snack:
Daily activities during the Extended Day Program will include time for
- Supervised indoor and outdoor play & sports
- Planned activities
- Quiet time to rest
- Study Hall with qualified teacher assistance
- Access to Art Room for arts & crafts
- Special enrichment activities.
The Extended Day Program will provide a healthy snack to children. Please alert Pathfinder staff to any allergies your child may have on the Emergency Contact Form.
DEPARTURE & Sign Out:
Upon departure, parents/guardians must come and check their child out of the Extended Day Program with either the Program Director or Aide. Children will not be allowed to leave on their own. Only parents or guardians and persons named on the Emergency Form are authorized to pick a child up.
Participants of the Extended Day Program must be enrolled at Pathfinder School. Each child enrolled in the Extended Day Program must have the following forms completed and on file:
- Emergency Form
- Permission Form for Prescribed Medication (where applicable)
- Health Appraisal and Record of Immunization, including Hepatitis B, or Immunization Waiver
- Family Handbook Acknowledgement Form
The tuition for the Extended Day Program will be $5.00 per hour, billed to the next half-hour. There is a $15.00 charge if your child is picked up after 6:00 PM. Fees will be billed monthly.