ENROLLMENT FOR 2016-2017 is now OPEN
Steps in the Admission Process
Below are the steps in the Pathfinder Admission Process. In addition to a tour of our campus, we invite you to join us for one of our many open houses or events. This is a wonderful way to engage with our faculty and parent population and see the Pathfinder mission in action. To view our Open House & Events Schedule: CLICK HERE
1. TOUR: Interested parents are invited to make an appointment to visit the school. Talk with teachers - see classes in action - experience our wooded campus. Tours are given year round. This meeting is a wonderful, informal opportunity to learn more about the school and to ask questions you have concerning the program and our Multiple Intelligences approach.
2. APPLICATION: Download our admissions application HERE or the paper application you received in your Admissions Packet. Mail or drop off at the school: Attn: Caroline Maier | Admissions | 11930 S. West Bay Shore Drive | Traverse City, MI 49684 .
3. VISIT & FORMS: Prior to the visit, parents are asked to submit the child's last two years of report cards and any other information you would like to share regarding your child. We will simultaneously schedule a two day visit for the child. The visit integrates the prospective student into the Pathfinder classroom and allows us to evaluate the student's potential for success at the school as well as his/her interaction with classmates. Additionally, the visit gives your family the opportunity to see if the Pathfinder culture is the right fit.
NOTE to Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten Families: Our youngest visitors are invited to campus for a one hour visit with our teachers and other prospective students. Your child is invited to attend school and see the classrooms, participate in activities and enjoy being at Pathfinder for a shorter window of time. This gives us a chance to get to know your child, and you a chance to see Pathfinder in action. SEE 2016 VISIT DATES for PRE-K & K HERE.
4. NOTIFICATION OF PLACEMENT: The Admissions committee meets every Friday to review all prospective student applications. Enrollment decisions are based on an evaluation of the child's school visit, school transcripts, and the availability within the existing class. Parents will be contacted regarding our admission decision by the following Monday. If the child is accepted a contract will be issued.
5. FINANCIAL AID: We have a need-blind Admission policy at Pathfinder meaning that we accept the student first, before we provide a family with a financial aid reward. For those parents interested Finanical Aid, the process can begin at the same time as the student visit but no offer will be made until a child is accepted. For families receiving Financial Aid, the contract and financial aid reward will be provided at the same time.
Please contact Caroline Maier, Director of Admissions with questions or to request further information at
(231) 995-3800 ext.1 or email@example.com.
"Children blossom and grow, learn and flourish here under the caring guidance of dedicated, professional teachers."
- Parent, grade 6